References and Notes for the Illinois Proud II: Diversity Infographic
- The enrollment information is based on the IPEDS fall enrollment survey for 2015.
- For a list of the out-of-state peers for the Illinois public universities visit
- The peers for the Illinois community colleges and the Illinois not-for-profit private institutions included all of the institutions within the same sector in the following states: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
- Traditionally underrepresented included the following race/ethnic categories: African-American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, Hispanic, Asian, two or more races, race/ethnicity unknown, and non-resident alien.
- The diversity index is largely based on the work of McLaughlin, McLaughlin, and McLaughlin (2015).
- The financial aid information is based on the IPEDS Financial Aid Survey for 2015.